KERNELS IN A POUND OF CORN
KERNELS ARE IN AN EAR OF CORN
Each year a single U.S. farmer provides food and fiber for 129 people (97 people in the U.S. and 32 overseas).
- Ethanol fuel derived from corn
- A corn-based renewable fuel–used in many vehicles as a fuel source–a common blend is E-85
- Corn seed with different traits, such as Roundup Ready
- Corn that comes up in fields planted to crops other than corn
DID YOU KNOW?
- 7,280,000 kernels of corn equals 100 bushels
Corn has many uses besides food, such as amino acids and vitamins
Corn is a major component in many food items such as: cereal, peanut butter, snack foods and soft drinks
ETHANOL IN ND
- North Dakota ethanol plants employ nearly 200 workers & the industry employs over 10,000 people across the state
The ND ethanol plants have the capacity to produce more than 400 million gallons of ethanol/year
Each bushel of corn processed by ND ethanol plants produces 2.8 gallons of ethanol
An average ethanol plant in ND contributes more than $60 million to the state and local economy