GALLONS OF MILK WILL BE PRODUCED FROM A COW EACH DAY.
POUNDS OF FEED IS EATEN EACH DAY BY A COW THAT IS MILKING
It only takes 48 hours for milk to travel from the farm to your home!
- A ruminant mammal belonging to the genus Bos which includes cattle
- A male capable of reproduction
- Mature female that has produced a calf
- Male that has been castrated before maturity, especially raised for beef
- A mineral that builds strong bones and teeth
TOP BREEDS IN ND
DAIRY CATTLE FACTS
- Dairy cows provide 90% of the world’s milk supply
Average body temperature of a cow is 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit
A typical cow stands up and sits down about 14 times a day
Cow’s knees cannot bend properly enough to walk downstairs
A Holstein’s spots are like a fingerprint, no two are the exact same
June is National Dairy Month