DATES & DETAILS
Check back for more information on the North Dakota Jigsaw Puzzle Qualifiers taking place in early 2021!
NORTH DAKOTA JIGSAW PUZZLE CHAMPIONSHIP
KFGO The Mighty 790 AM & The Red River Valley Fair Present the 2nd Annual North Dakota Jigsaw Puzzle Championship
DATE: Sunday, July 12th, 2020
TIME: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
PLACE: Hartl Building, Red River Valley Fairgrounds
Each team consists of 3 to 4 members
$40.00 entry fee per team
Prizes awarded to top 3 teams
Check-in begins at 12:30 PM
Competition begins at 1:00 PM
Must assemble a 500 piece puzzle in 3 hours
WHAT IS A
A jigsaw puzzle competition typically consists of individuals and teams that compete against one another putting a puzzle together. Whoever completes their puzzle first wins! Typically, these events include multiple rounds to determine the ultimate winner, but however, you choose to set up the competition is up to you.
- Each team receives the same puzzle
- No one gets to see the puzzle until the timer begins – the puzzle boxes are placed face down before the competition starts
- Individuals or teams try to put the puzzle together the fastest
- Competitions are a specified amount of time; if there is no declared winner by the end of the time limit, the winner is chosen by their remaining number of loose pieces
- In the event of a tie, individuals or teams can be given an additional five minutes to work on the puzzle
- There are no devices or outside assistance permitted while working on a puzzle
- Two moderators help with the event along with 4-6 timers that will be walking around the contest floor watching the teams for timing reasons.
- Individuals and teams are not allowed to distract or approach team tables when the competition is in progress